Re: 1 add Sources.gz and missing dependencies, status

Hi,

<snip>
for squeeze (sorry) I'm seeing 214 depends called out in Sources not found anywhere in Packages or
Sources (not as provides , not anywhere , not even by grep'ing anything!)
<snip>

Oh dang one find but still it's "not good". (I just re-checked by grep'ing Packages (before I'd checked a package table from Packages sorry)

Package: libreadline5-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 528
Maintainer: Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: readline5
Version: 5.0-10
Provides: libreadline-dev
Depends: libreadline5 (= 5.0-10), libncurses5-dev
Conflicts: libreadline-dev

However!  That's in Packages not Sources.  And see it Conflicts with what it Provides.

Look at it from my perspective: sub-optimal. My code would have to deal with intricacy of both Packages and Sources at once and know impossible things like Provides what it Conflicts is "ok" - noting there IS NO LIBREADLINE-DEV it only exists as provides to begin with so how does it conflict? :)

(note: libreadline5-dev is in Sources , yes - but nowwhere is libreadline-dev - and that's only one of 214 what about the other 213 and what weird work arounds exist if calculating both Sources and Packages at once - and if from status and status-sources know what i mean ?? )

Reference:

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep-trace

"show-all" and "depend-order-install-source" are in:

     dep-trace-examples-update-3.tar.gz
Have Fun all !

      -- John Hendrickson