Re: popularity-contest broken with Multi-Arsch

(dropping cc to bug#660712)
Russ Allbery wrote:

>                                             (I didn't reply because I
> didn't know enough about the internal data model of dpkg to be able to
> discuss it meaningfully.)

Do you mean on disk or in memory?

If you mean on disk, everything is in /var/lib/dpkg.  If you're
familiar with the /var/lib/dpkg/status file and
/var/lib/dpkg/<package>.* control files, then you know how to think
about packages the same way dpkg does.  (Yes, diversions,
alternatives, triggers, and packages available for installation
through dselect are tracked separately, but they follow the same
model.)

Jonathan