Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> writes:

> Changing the name in the package would break tools that rely on the name
> (like packages.debian.org extracting the Changelog). Also ugly.

We control the tools; we can change the tools.  Multiarch is a big deal.
We weren't going to get through this without changing some tools.  (One
should not read that as my support of this specific alternative, as I've
not decided there yet, but in general I think it's fair game to change our
tools to support multiarch.)