Re: Multiarch interfaces: print foreign arches, pkgname I/O

On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 18:14:15 +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Beside that i wonder which --force flag this should be, given that it
> removes packages while it was requested to install others.
> In a way, the old architecture is disappearing, but there are no
> Replaces (not even implicit) in place to allow that and the implicit
> Conflicts wouldn't allow a seamless disappearing anyway.
> So implementing this sounds for me a bit like black voodoo…

This will be treated like a normal upgrade, the only distinction will
be that the architecture of the installed package changes, like it
currently happens on --force-architecture (but w/o the need of the
option), and only one installed instance can present for this to
happen.

regards,
guillem