Re: Next upload 2011-09-11 (dpkg 1.16.1)

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 06:18:06 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> [...], so let's set as tentative target this next sunday for
> 1.16.1.

This didn't happen, so a small update follows.

> I still have some changed to push, which I'll be doing during today,
> and a second push tomorrow or so, to give time for some more testing
> before the upload. I'll be going through remaining issues with the
> upload during the week too.

I didn't do the second push (with part of the remaining buffer API
changes, needed for at least the --compare-versions fix) because it
included some translatable string modifications, which were going to
change with subsequent changes, to not create useless work for
translators.

I've also found a build regression in s-s-d on the Hurd by code staring,
I'm now build testing it on some systems other than my usual one.

Hope to push later today/tomorrow, and will probably be leaving some of
the intrusive stuff for 1.16.2, after that leave some days for the
pending issues and any possible new regressions.

thanks,
guillem