RE : remaining files after an upgrade

> Can you provide the old and new version of the package?

here they are :

http://people.debian.org/~picca/spyder/

> I think you have a symlink somewhere in your package, and while you
> expected it to be replaced by a directory on upgrade, this did not happen.
> And thus the old files were kept... because the place where they have been
> moved to doesn't exist, it's still a symlink to the old place.

Here what I did

spyder-old

/usr/share/pyshare/spyderlib/doc (real files)
/usr/share/doc/spyder/html -> link to previous directory
/usr/share/doc/python-spyderlib/html -> same link

spyder-new

mode the doc into python-spyderlib
/usr/share/doc/python-spyderlib/html (real files)
/usr/share/doc/spyder/html -> link to the real files

Cheers

Frederic