Re: Autobuilding dpkg master

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011, Michael Prokop wrote:
> The confusing ~1 vs. ~10 part in the above dpkg listing results from
> the build number which is different for the i386 vs amd64 jobs
> inside Jenkins.

I underestood that but is it really required to update this build number
given that the i386 build is triggered by the amd64 build? It will be
automatically unique (and even if it isn't, is that a problem?).

> If that's an issue for you we could use a different naming schema.
> In another project I'm e.g. using UNIXTIME=$(date +%s) inside the
> autogenerated snapshot versions. Though I'm open for any suggestions. :)

This won't really help since both jobs are not happening at the same
second.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)