Re: sudo: prompts despite unmodified /etc/sudoers on upgrade

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> The point is precisely to deal with the case when the user has not made
> any change. And for this you would have to move /etc/sudoers aside in
> "preinst upgrade" if it matches the md5sum of an unmodified file.

Thanks, Raphaël.  The main problem with this solution is that it makes
it hard to recover in the case of an interrupted upgrade (think "power
failure").  I don't think it makes sense to force the admin to reboot
in single user mode in such cases if it is avoidable.

> But dealing with the scenario above could be a new feature of
> dpkg-maintscript-helper.
>
> Jonathan, do you feel like implementing this? :)

I'll look into what needs to happen in dpkg proper.

Bdale, if nothing happens in that front soon, the simplest workaround
might be to teach sudo to use ucf.  Not a dependency I like, but so it
goes.  Would you be interested in a patch doing that?