Re: I would like to get involved

Hi Michael,

Michael Schmidt wrote:

> I would like to get involved in the debian dpkg package development
> team.

Welcome!  You can find a collection of tasks here:

 http://bugs.debian.org/dpkg-dev
 http://bugs.debian.org/libdpkg-perl

most of which mostly involve scripting with perl.  Code review is
also useful:

 http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/ReviewMergeQueue

Testing and bug triage can be helpful, too.

In general, I find that starting out on a new project is easier if you
are motivated by your own need.  Maybe there has been some little dpkg
behavior that bothered you?  If so, I (and others on the list,
presumably) would be glad to give pointers towards fixing it.

Regards,
Jonathan