Re: How to warn about need to port changes to new configuration file?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 04:46:15PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > I assume the file in question is a conffile. If you just want to move its
> > location, read the section "Moving a conffile" at
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling
>
> Or rather dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) .
>
> By the way, I believe that wiki page should now be heavily upgraded
> and/or obsoleted. I would have done it myself, but I haven't yet used
> dpkg-maintscript-helper, so I'm not confident enough to do that. Maybe
> the -dpkg people or someone that have already used the tool can review
> the content of that page?

What do you want us to review? The work on dpkg-maintscript-helper was
heavily inspired by the content of that page. Feel free to replace it by a
pointer to the dpkg-maintscript-helper documentation.

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/