Re: I'm sad because you want to throw me out of the list.

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Michael Schmidt wrote:
> I'm new to programming in c and I liked the dpkg package, because I thought
> it was fun to understand how exactly the packages are managed. That is why I
> started looking at the source code. I even found a bug with the configure
> system, and reported it. Now because I'm new to all the autotools stuff I
> posted a mail, with an error that really wasn't one. I'm sorry for that and
> I sent a mail immediately afterwards when I found out explaining my mistake.
> Today I got a mail:
>
> It has been requested that the following address:
>
>       michael.schmidt.dangel@gmail.com
>
> should be deleted from the debian-dpkg mailing list.

Be assured that none of the dpkg developers are responsible of this. You
might want to check the full headers of that message to learn more on
who/what tried to unsubscribe you.

Maybe it was a mistake of someone, I don't know. Don't put blame on people
if you don't know what really happened. I'm ccing listmaster maybe they
know better.

> should I stop interesting myself with this package, because I can find an
> other one. I don't know if it is the general opinion of this group of
> developers, that people interested in contributing to the project should all
> be total experts (they once where non experts too). But I would like to know
> if my effort in understanding the code is wanted or if I should search for
> something else. I don't mean to offend anybody, maybe this is not the right
> place for me, if this is the case, tell me in a nice way and I will not
> bother you guys any more.

As far I am concerned, you are welcome to learn and to try contributing to
dpkg.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)