Re: Is the configure script suposed to detect libncursesw ?

I'm sorry to bother you again,

but I applied the patch you sent as follows:/dpkg-1.15.8.5$patch -Np1 -i ../0001-B...
then afterwards I removed libncurses5-dev and libncursesw5-dev.
then I ran ./configure
and it didn't complain about the missing ncurses/w library.
then I did make and the same error message was reported.
Maybe there needs to be some changes in the configure.ac that wheren't included by the patch
the pach only changed the m4/dpkg-libs.m4 (only guessing)

2010/10/23 Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (23/10/2010):
> I'll try and see whether I can come up with a fix.

I think the attached patch does what we want: make having ncurses
mandatory except if one passes --without-dselect.

Mraw,
KiBi.