Re: Feature request: Reset configuration

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 08:50:25 +0200, Daniel Bock wrote:
> Am 03.07.2010 08:14, schrieb Guillem Jover:
> >Ah! Ok, so it seems I missread your mail. Yes, this was already filed
> >as bug #102609, for which Henning Makholm had provided a really simple
> >patch, that I've now merged (after little shoehorning into the current
> >code). It adds a new --force-confask, which can optionally be combined
> >with either --force-confnew and --force-confmiss:
> >
> >   <http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd0ae9a4>
> >
> >And the new functional test for it:
> >
> >   <http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/pkg-tests.git;a=commitdiff;h=e980657b>

> No, it can be combined with either --force-confnew and
> *--force-confold*. Sorry for my irritating e-mail.

Oh, it can be combined with any of the --force-conf* options (confold
and confdef included). Although --force-confold will not be quite useful
generally combined with confask, as it behaves mostly like a no-opt,
which is what would happen (more or less) if confask was not given. The
options most people might use combined with confask will be confmiss and
confnew.

I've clarified the set of allowed options to combine in the man page
(which I guess it's from where you took inspiration for this comment?).

regards,
guillem