Re: Feature request: Reset configuration

Daniel Bock wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>>	dpkg-deb --extract foo.deb / /etc
[...]
>>	dpkg-deb --conffiles foo.deb | xargs dpkg-deb --extract foo.deb /
[...]
>>	dpkg-deb --extract foo.deb / --conffiles
[...]
> Yeah, that's not enough, because these commands don't work, yet. But
> if there would be a command to also reinstall the configuration
> files installed by maintainer scripts, nobody would use them.

I was only suggesting that that’s an interface I would like.  It
would be useful for extracting other directories, too, as when I
want to look at the man pages from a not-installed package.

But if something else is just as convenient to use and easier to
implement, I don’t mind. :)

Thanks for your hard work,
Jonathan