Re: (not) simplifying dpkg-shlibdeps with readelf

Hello Russ,

2010/4/27 Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>:
> I have a hard time imagining Debian ever supporting non-ELF targets.  We'd
> need to maintain a completely separate libc, for instance, since I'm
> fairly sure glibc is ELF only.

uClibc is on the archive (not usable for runtime), it was also added
to dpkg as a new architecture, maybe someday we'll have a uClibc (w/
MMU and w/o MMU).
We might need to support flat binaries for that.

There are also some teams and individuals which have the desire to
work on mobile world having Debian on them, for such purposes and
maybe not officially, there is space for a bionic libc or some others
that might be suitable for such purposes.

I do not want to interfere on the decission of using readelf, but at
least take into account those points before doing any change which
might be hard to revert later on.

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón