Re: (not) simplifying dpkg-shlibdeps with readelf

Hi,

2010/4/23 Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>:
> Even if all supported targets use ELF, I don’t think it would justify
> the churn.  The main advantages:
>
>  - readelf is tiny and works for all ELF targets.
>   By contrast, multi-target objdump is large and its Debian package
>   only supports the targets that were considered worth the trouble
>   when it was last built.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have a question regarding non-ELF targets,

Are you sure Debian is tight to *only* ELF target support?

Aren't we going to support non-ELF targets anytime?

On the other hand I can see the benefit on readelf compared to objdump.

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón