Re: Simplify conflicts/replaces?

Hi Helge,

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> I noticed that some conflicts/replaces are satisfied even in
> oldstable, is there some rule when dpkg drops them? (Does the general
> rule apply, that upgrades over stable version are not supported?).

You committed those changes with your translation...

> -Replaces: manpages-de (<= 0.4-3), manpages-pl (<= 20051117-1)
> +Replaces:

No point in keeping an empty field.

> (Note: I did not look at unversioned packages nor at those I could not
> find in the archive, like dpkg-iasearch).

I dropped dpkg-iasearch as well, it doesn't exist anymore for so long...

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/