Review wanted for conffile handling functions in dpkg

Hi,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Joey Hess wrote:
> So, I wrote a patch to dpkg in 2008 to add a dpkg-conffile command,
> that handles renaming and removal of conffiles.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2008/01/msg00143.html

Based on that work and on http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling
I prepared a shell library (conffile-hacks.sh currently, I might rename it
before merge) integrated in dpkg that is meant to be used from maintainer
scripts. I would be glad if people could test, review and comment.

It's here:
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/conffile-hacks

I have put some corresponding tests in pkg-tests.git
(pkg-conffile-obsolete and pkg-conffile-rename):
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/pkg-tests.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/conffile-hacks

Attached is the script, it's self-documented but it requires a change to
dpkg that is only in the branch pu/conffile-hacks (the export of the
variable DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_NAME with the name of the maintainer script).

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/