Re: problems with 3.0 format

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think the combination of --single-debian-patch and
> debian/source/patch-header will let me collapse the changes into one patch
> while still preserving the other features of 3.0 (quilt), but I'm not
> completely sure what happens if someone then downloads such a package,
> hacks on it more, and then builds a new source package.  Are their changes
> incorporated into my same patch with my same header?

If you put --single-debian-patch in debian/source/options, yes, because
they will also build the source package with the same option. If you use
that option on the command line when building the source package, then no.

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/