Re: dpkg 3.0 (quilt) packages not being accepted?

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> (04/01/2010):
> It seems the problem is reproducible on all Lenny hosts - And it is
> quite likely to be a proper bug, as the file is for some reason
> recognized as a v2.0 source package.
>
> My previous (accepted) upload was done on 2009-11-25, and dpkg-dev
> dies the same way when trying to unpack that version (so it would
> not enter the archive today). Now, ten days after my upload
> (2009-12-05), dpkg 1.14.27 was accepted in Stable. This upload was
> specifically meant to iron out v3.0 details:
>
>    * Cherry-pick some fixes from squeeze concerning new source formats:
>      - dpkg-source now accepts additional tarballs (in format "3.0 (quilt)")
>        with a "component" name containing dashes. Closes: #524376
>      (...)

Actually, lenny + p-u is OK. Meaning .27 indeed fixes this bug. :)

Open questions AFAICT:
 - why was the previous upload accepted? Maybe less checks being run
   at the time, e.g. not involving dpkg-source?
 - and a related question: which is the dpkg(-dev) version currently
   running on ries et al.?

Mraw,
KiBi.