Re: Conffiles

Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com> writes:

> Do conffiles have to be regular files? Policy does not seem to be
> explicit about this (although I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this),
> it seems to just talk about "files".

I don't believe that listing symlinks as conffiles works properly at the
moment.  See #421344.  It doesn't make any sense to list a directory as a
conffile.  I think that exhausts all the non-regular files that can be in
a Debian package.

Symlinks as conffiles should ideally work.  I think it's just a bug in
dpkg that they don't.