Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

]] Joey Hess

| I think you should be using a dedicated source format for your patch
| system, preferably one that preserves the pre-patched source on unpack
| invariant. Either the existing 3.0 (custom), or a new 3.0 subformat.

Note that those won't be accepted into the archive (at least not without
patches to dak).  While I'm not an ftp-master, I would be surprised if
they were happy to take patches for a 3.0 (simple-patchsys).  Quilt
isn't that complicated to use and should just replace simple-patchsys,
dbs and similar patch systems.

--
Tollef Fog Heen