Re: dpkg-checkbuilddeps to generate a frontend friendly package list

Hi,

I fixed some bugs with my previous patch, and now the new one is found at [1].
Unfortunately, I also found that I erroneously believed that AptPkg is only
loaded run-time, which is not true and I will need to find ways to tackle that
as well. For the time being, libapt-pkg-perl is need, but the apt cache is
only loaded when the -f option is used, and not with -s. You can see that is
you comment $_config->{quiet} = 2;

If you want to check that patch, you should clone the master, patch it, and
build and install your own dpkg package eventually in a chroot, because there
are some API changes recently introduced with Dpkg module.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~danchev/dpkg/frontend2.patch

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>