Re: Enhancing 3.0 (git) source package format

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Johan Kiviniemi wrote:
> It seems the current format of the 3.0 (git) style source packages
> could be improved somewhat.

Updating/fixing that source package format is not a priority for me.
So if you want to see progress being made there, you should really submit
patches and not simply ideas. I will consider them, in particular
if they fix open bugs like: #477954, #534637

BTW, if you want to review/confirm the patch in #551829 it can also help.

> The ‘git bundle’ command takes a list of refs (basically branches and
> tags) and creates a file that contains a list of the refs and an
> efficiently packed archive of the objects the refs (recursively) point
> to.

It looks like a nicer approach than the current one, yes.

Raphaël Hertzog