Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:35:43 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > this way it might be possible to reuse this as the wrapper for the
> > install-info package.

Sorry, I should have added "in case we actually want to reuse the
code"!

> I'm not quite sure what your plan was here. The improvements are nice
> but they don't solve this common wrapper idea. We can surely do it
> with some #ifdef or similar but I still don't understand why it matters
> so much when Norbert would certainly prefer to not have to separately
> compile an executable given he can use a simple shell wrapper.

Ah, no it certiainly does not matter, I was doing to the cleanup anyway,
and though that it would make it easier in case we wanted to reuse the
code (with minor modifications). As it seems the shell script is ok for
what's needed, then everything is fine. Too much words spent for those
little programs already. :)

So from my side everything seems ok to proceed.

regards,
guillem