Next upload 2009-03-01 (dpkg 1.15.0)

Hi!

Ok, so now that unstable has been thawing for a bit, let's start the
1.15.x development series. The major topics for this series in my mind
are:

 * Continue cleaning up the code base and the exported APIs by
   refactoring, modularizing, etc.

 * Merge back functionality from upper layers or external programs
   that belong in dpkg (stuff like debconf support, debsums, dpkg-cross,
   dpkg-sig, parts of apt, etc).

 * Discuss, draft and/or implement long awaited features (like 3-way
   conffile support, origin/vendor support, multiarch support, exposing
   libdpkg-dev and libdpkg-perl, getting rid of install-info, etc)

I'll be sending a separate mail with a more detailed although still
rough roadmap in few days.

Given that the current master branch has some changes that are a bit
contentious and should have been discussed more widely before deployment
(mostly the dpkg-buildpackage stuff) we'll be targetting experimental
for the next release. If we cannot come to a conclusion soon enough we
can always disable the code for now and then upload 1.15.1 to unstable.

Otherwise I don't think there's anything urgent and master should be in
good shape, so I'll be preparing an upload late this sunday.

regards,
guillem