Re: Next upload 2009-02-02 (dpkg 1.14.25)

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Asked the release team on IRC and Adeodato approved the fixes for 513863
> and 513857. I'll commit the fix for 513857 tomorrow, once I've verified
> there's no additional bugs being closed. Raphaël, if you can take care
> of 513863 and my comments great, otherwise I can do that while preparing
> the release.

Done.

> Also, I wanted to discuss this in a separate mail but I guess it fits
> well here. I think we should completely branch development for lenny
> after 1.14.25, and stop merging, and switch to back porting the fixes,
> as the branches are not going to be converging in the future anyway. So

Ack.

> any fixes later on targetted for lenny would need to go first to master,
> and taken from there for lenny. This also makes the test-build branch
> unneeded.

Do you want me to remove it until we have again a need for it?

I agree it's mostly useless unless we use it to keep some sort of
last "master snapshot" that we want people to test or if we end up having
several branches that are not yet ready to be merged but that should be
tested.

Raphaël Hertzog