Re: Semi-public branches of work in progress

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> (01/07/2008):
> I'll push there some "private" branches:
> - personal work in progress
> - patches from the BTS that I updated/rebased
>
> Beware, those branches can be rebased and as such you shouldn't use
> those for long-lived work. But feel free to fetch them to fix the TODO
> that I might have left in commit logs. I accept/incorporate patches
> against thoses branches... please coordinate with us in #debian-dpkg
> if you want to help.

Mentioned on IRC already, but still: you might want to name those
branches under the pu/ namespace, so that one can easily figure out that
they are meant to be “proposed updates”, and that they may be rebased at
any time. Of course, that's even better if you document that in your git
usage policy/guidelines, or whatever you use for that purpose. :)

Mraw,
KiBi.