Re: What coding style should be used?

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow writes ("What coding style should be used?"):
> > as you might have seen from my other mails I'm working on mutliarch
> > for dpkg. So I've patched quite a few of the source files and looked
> > at more. Unfortuanetly the coding style is inconsistent. Which one
> > should be used?
>
> As the original author, and still the author of most of the code by
> bulk, I think my view should be determinative.

How do you reconcile that with what you just said in another thread ?

  "After my last experience I don't have any plans to do any substantial
   coding in dpkg :-/."

My opinion is that either you plan to work with us and you express your
opinion, or you don't want to and then you don't have much to say, I'm
afraid.

That said I would still like to have you around as your experience
can be very useful and your help in diagnosing/fixing some bugs is very
welcome.

Raphaël Hertzog