Re: Triggers Pending

On 2008-04-27 01:34 +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 03:06:04PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
>> With today's 1.14.18 dpkg update in Testing, my initramfs-tools
>> status has changed from "ii" to "it", meaning that I want the
>> package installed and triggers are pending.  FWIW, the system
>> attained this state without dpkg ever being invoked with an
>> explicit trigger-related command-line option.  initramfs-tools
>> was updated about six days before the latest dpkg and the "ii"
>> only changed to "it" when dpkg was updated.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing.

This is because initramfs-tools already uses triggers, see #447611¹.
I'm not convinced that it is a very good idea to do this in Lenny
packages, since the Etch versions of apt and aptitude lack support for
the new trigger states.   While dpkg 1.14.18 conflicts with these
versions, a dist-upgrade from Etch to Lenny will still be done by the
old versions.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=447611