Re: Texinfo vs. Debian install-info, new upstream texinfo
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Cc: Ian Zimmerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Texinfo vs. Debian install-info, new upstream texinfo
- From: Florent Rougon <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:04:25 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ian Zimmerman <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <200706302140.l5ULeak26948@f7.net> (Karl Berry's message of "Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:40:36 -0500")
- References: <200706302140.l5ULeak26948@f7.net>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Karl Berry) wrote:
> Thanks for writing, Norbert. I was just about to do the same.
> - Concerning the update-info-dir script I am a but lost, do we have
> a script for this already?
> There are two different scripts in the Texinfo distribution to do this
> job: gen-dir-node and fix-info-dir (in the util subdirectory). I don't
> know which is better or what the differences are.
And there is also a 'generate-info-dir' Python script by Ian
> It seems desirable to me to have the logic for rebuilding the dir file
> be in a separate script, not embedded in install-info. Not something to
> program in C, seems to me.
Well, seems to be the case for the above script...