Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature (v2, repost)

Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> How about this:
>
>  Or to put it another way, triggered actions are considered irrelevant
>  if the interested package I is not configured.  When I's postinst is
>  called with `configure', it must do whatever actions are necessary to
>  deal with any trigger activations which might have occured since it
>  was deconfigured.

That's better, yes. I think I'd say "while it wasn't configured" instead
of "since it was deconfigured" at the end, in order to also cover the
case where package I was never configured (e.g., first time it's
installed, but still only unpacked, and misses some triggers for this
reason), but that's a detail.

--
Florent