Re: Branched dpkg for etch and opened trunk for lenny

Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):
> Hi,
>
> Just branched dpkg for etch, and now 1.14 in trunk is targetted for
> lenny which will be uploaded to experimental until we release. For now
> I'll be applying trivial things, or doing small incremental changes,
> and triaging the BTS.

Guillem,

In case translation updates come in (pretty unlikely but I know that
the slovenian translator is working hard these days and so are the
malayalam team), where should I commit them?

In branches/etch, obviously......but what about trunk?

I'm definitely very dumb with revision control systems and there's
certainly techniques that I ignore, which would allow automatic perge
of changes made in a branch to another branch. Please, masters of the
univ^W dpkg development, teach me..:-)