Re: How are things going?

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 03:45:44AM +1000, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:53:06AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> >I'm rather worried that there's been no apparent progress on getting
> >Ian's Breaks support merged in, [...]
>
> Merging changes to dpkg from Ubuntu to Debian seems daft.  Why have two
> repositories?
>
> Pick one, either Debian's or Ubuntu's, I don't care which, merge any
> outstanding changes and give write access to everyone who is actively
> developing.

    Amen. If we don't do that, we could end with different, slightly
incompatible package formats :-( I mean, if we are using the same package
format, I think we should really be using the same program, and not two
different "forks".

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!