Re: How are things going?

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 04:23:00 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> So I've unblocked it after reviewing the changelog.

Thanks.

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:09:26PM +0300, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > I've created a diff[2] with the new commited stuff and removed all
> > autogenerated things (I've not removed the comment changes for
> > completeness). Debian chanelog and upstream ChangeLog are in the
> > header of the patch.
>
> > Basically the changes are:
>
> >   * The tar 'nul' warning fix.
> >   * The Breaks field.
> >   * Using dpkg-architecture from the source instead of duping its
> >     logic in the m4 files (this is kind of a requisite for the armel
> >     architecture introduction).
> >   * Comments or new line fixes.
>
> Since "Breaks field" here means "doesn't complain about the Breaks field",

Yes, sorry for not being more clear there, as the changelog contained
 the detailed info anyway.

> rather than "honors the Breaks field", these changes look ok.

> As far as *implementing* Breaks, I don't think a new feature of that level
> should be introduced during a freeze.

I've not even thought about pushing for such a thing. =)

> BTW, with the changes to scripts/dpkg-architecture.pl, does something fix
> the dpkglibdir and pkgdatadir paths when installing this script?

Yes, the Makefile when converting from foo.pl to foo replaces the
correct values for some of those variables with the final paths, or
version.

regards,
guillem