build vs host architecture

Hi folks,

Surely English is not my mother language, but  I think
the difference between "build" and "host" architectures
in the dpkg documentation (e.g. dpkg-architecture(1))
is pretty confusing.

IMU "building something" is a creative process, i.e. to
introduce something new. But in Debian's terminology the
build architecture is unchanged by this creative step.
Instead a "host architecture" is affected. In computing
a "host" is some kind of server, or a remote machine to
logon. There is no association to creating something. A
host is something passive.

Wouldn't it be more easy for everybody to use "build"
and "target" architecture in the terminology?

Just a suggestion. Regards

Harri