Re: Using GNU's install-info in Debian instead of dpkg's install-info

Norbert> Or create a new package install-info? This was suggested
Norbert> before, together with an adjustment of Priority.

Norbert> BUT: It is ok if we move this here, but I am not the principal
Norbert> author of the Debian i-i, and I cannot do much about it than
Norbert> package it. Solutions to this mess from my side can come only
Norbert> by getting a differnet approach, ie doing the creating stuff
Norbert> inside GNU i-i.

Norbert> Anyway, how do we proceed? Move it into a new package in texinfo? And
                                                                  ^^^^^^^ ?
Norbert> who will care for the bugs ;-)

I can take the responsibility for having the regeneration code included in
GNU i-i, in coordination with the GNU people.  As I am not a Debian member,
perhaps you can best take it from there.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.