Re: Working on dpkg during Debconf

Hi,

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:35:51AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> [...]
> Code:
> [...]
>  - I have neglected the test-suite discussion I started myself lately.
>    Experiences like the dpkg-scanpackages patches have shown that we
>    really, really should have one

    I'm _very_ interested in seeing a dpkg testsuite, but I'm not attending
Debconf. Are you going to set up some kind of Wiki or similar, so I can see
what are you doing in the meantime, and perhaps take part in some discussions
or contribute code?

    As you probably know, I made an effort to try to build a testing
framework for dpkg, but it was lost in the dust :-) If you care about the
pieces, they're published as an Arch repo, at

    http://people.debian.org/~zoso/arch/dpkg--test--1.0/

And, finally, do you have any ideas to start from, so I can perhaps contribute
something?  If not, perhaps we can begin the discussion in this list, so you
can start from some basic design, instead of from scratch.

    Regards,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!