Re: Issues with the experimental dpkg

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 20:19 +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> I experienced some problems with dpkg from experimental:
>
> - It seems to break type-handling. The following command
>   returns an empty string instead of an arch list:
>
>   $ type-handling any linux-gnu

This is likely a bug in type-handling, or at least a lack of support for
the changes in dpkg 1.13;  at a guess, it either dislikes the
archtable->ostable/cputable split or the fact that dpkg-architecture
returns "linux-gnu" instead of "linux" for DEB_*_GNU_SYSTEM.

> - I had problems downgrading dpkg to the unstable version because
>   of the md5sum* diversions. I noticed that in the
>   /var/lib/dpkg/diversions file, "coreutils" had been replaced
>   by the ':' character. I suspect it did happen during the
>   attempt to downgrade.

Hmm, I hadn't yet put any thought into removing the diversion on
uninstall or downgrade ... so I'm not surprised it broke,

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?