Bug#957: Still useful

Hello,

This functionnality would be really, really, really useful. This bug is
open since 1995, and in June 2004 someone gave a patch to implement the
requested functionnality. Is it possible to include this patch ?

Currently, in my Linux User Group (in France), we install many many
Debian systems for people. Sometimes, they come with a problem like "xxx
doesn't work anymore". Having a dpkg log would be really, really useful
to determine since when and why the problem appeared.

If necessary, I can implement the functionnality in recent versions of
dpkg. If you want me to do so, please give me the address of the
CVS/Subversion repository in which dpkg development occurs.

Thanks,

Thomas
--
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni@enix.org