dpkg unittests

Hello list,

    Some months ago (Apr 2004) I talked to Wichert about trying to add tests
to dpkg.  After some "research", I came up with some initial test
infrastructure in dejagnu and the check C library (both available as Debian
packages).

    I don't know if now, as Sarge is coming, is the right time to begin
working in the post-Sarge version of dpkg, or if it would be better waiting a
little bit. Moreover, I don't know if I should begin working with the CVS
version or if I should wait until somebody says it's OK working with HEAD
(ISTR that Scott said something about dpkg's CVS not being in good shape, but
it was some months ago and I could be mistaken).

    Meanwhile, we can simply discuss the testing framework, before putting to
much effort in it...

    Best regards,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@foton.es> - http://www.foton.es