Re: [dpkg wishlist] new search features?

Monday 08 March 2004 17:26, en/na Wichert Akkerman (<Wichert Akkerman
<wichert@wiggy.net>>) va escriure:

> Previously Xan wrote:
> > I'm a final user of Debian (desktop user). Recently, I think that it's
> > necessary that dpkg allows to search packages like this way:
>
> Agreed. We should try to sync the syntax with what grep-dctrl does I
> think; I haven't looked at their syntax yet though.

Sorry for the syntax. It's invented by me. I wanted that you caught the idea
of what I want, not how these have to do. The wish is that dpkg can search
over all packages of specific flavour, category and task, now how it do.

> > Another is that dpkg allows to search what flavours are installed on my
> > computer (if I only have unstable packages or unstable and testing), and
> > idem to tasks and category.
>
> dpkg doesn't have the necessary information to do that.

Why not? At finally, it could see the task of all installed packages (?).
So, how I have to do that?

Thanks,
Xan.