Re: [multiarch] Proposal for *-dev packages

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 18:26, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> The proposal is to make all *-dev packages "Architecture: all". This
> should be a strong should or must directive and a must for
> built-essential for sarge+1.

Yet again you've forgotten the .la and .pc files contained in a large
majority the -dev packages, which are not intended to be architecture
independent.

> Having "Architecture: all" *-dev packages would simplify the work for
> multiarch support greatly so I hope noone comes up with a stronger
> reason against it as the ones above.

Those reasons are strong enough, I thought you *didn't* want to change
every package in the archive; now suddenly you do...  make up your mind,
eh? :p

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?