Re: New package dependency field format

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:13:08PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > > Depends: foo | ! bar
> > >
> > > That can be read as "If bar is installed, then foo must also be
> > > installed".
> >
> > That still sounds redundant, and can be currently expressed with
> >
> > Depends: foo, foo | bar
>
> No, that requires either foo or bar be installed.

Which is what "If bar is installed, then foo must also be installed" meant
if you apply it only to the part after the pipe, as the present parser
does... I didn't realize that you meant the whole expression means that.

I guess it shows something about my vgrep, but also about the readability
of such a thing.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.