Bug#108587: May packages rm -rf subdirectories of /etc/ ?
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#108587: May packages rm -rf subdirectories of /etc/ ?
- From: Thomas Hood <email@example.com>
- Date: 24 Jul 2003 14:07:35 +0200
- Message-id: <1059048454.1420.134.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: Thomas Hood <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20030724114655.GA20969@ns.snowman.net>
- References: <E19eXmw-0008Avfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <E19fZsS-0001CA-Go@mid.downhill.at.eu.org> <1059032783.1420.34.camel@localhost> <20030724114655.GA20969@ns.snowman.net>
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:46, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I see this as totally bogus. Either the conffile is shared or it isn't.
> If it's shared then the packages involved know this
Package foo which eliminates /etc/foo.conf doesn't "know"
that there is not some other package, bar, which Depends
on foo and uses /etc/foo.conf . That's the problem. See
#108587 for additional discussion.