Re: gcc on a biarch system

* Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> [030708 18:19]:
> > It's almost the same as your version, but we using the same
> > code as the others might be nice anyway. As a bonus, you
> > can run it as 'linux64'.
>
> Just as a general comment I dislike programs which change their
> behavior based upon their name.  If I create a new program such as for
> testing and further development and call it linux64.tweaked it does
> not behave as expected.  I feel the design of the program would be
> better suited by supplying that information as a command line option.

While anything should be possible to do with command line options, I
think the program name is an elegant way to supply this information.
(And I think renaming programs is an operation low level enough people
 should understand what they do. (Of course the manpage should for
 the variant should be the main behaviour of the program explaining
 the behaviour clearly enough.))

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)