OT:translation issue

Hi,

I'm a member of the Italian translation team. I was trying to get in
contact with the current translator of dpkg but after 5 days I get no
answer. Know me and a lot of others debian user think that some
translated string, in Italian, need to be improved but if i can't get in
contact with the current translator this is not possible.

I'k like to do that but i dunno really how to get assigned the
translation of the package. Can you tell me which is the best way to do
that?

I know that this is not the best place to ask this, but really this is
the only one I've found

thanks in advance

Alessio