install-info: failed to lock- Problem

Hello,

I have got a big problem with apt and dpkg and install-info:
I made a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade some days before and
when apt started to install a new version of mtools, the following error
occured:

install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! file or directory not found

This error occured at least at near any package, so that I have a
whole bunch of broken packages today. Neither removing, nor
purging or reinstallation did work. All what happened was this mistake.

I tried to find out, what went worng and found only the following line
in any package, which causes the problems:

 # Automatically added by dh_make
 install-info --quiet --remove /usr/share/info/[package.info
 # End automatically added section

When I made a manual

install-info --debug --quiet --remove /usr/share/info/[package].info

the following output was generated:

dbg: infodir='/usr/info'  filename='/usr/share/info/cvs.info.gz'  maxwidth='79'
menuentry=''  basename='cvs'
description=''  remove=1
install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Is there someone, who can help to get this fixed?
In debian-user-german, they said, I should send a mail to this list, because they did not
know, how to help me.

I'm not reading this list, so please send any replies as Cc or To to <mva121@gmx.net>

Thanks in advance

Marcus