Re: Fwd: dpkg triggers

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:17, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Russell Coker wrote:
> > What errors in particular?
>
> Script that exits with a non-zero exitcode.

There's two issues, the trigger script giving an error, and the postinst etc
giving an error.

If the postinst gives an error then my script must still be run (doing
otherwise may leave the system in a state where it's impossible to login).
However the interface should specify that the postinst had failed because
other scripts used by other packages will need it.

If my script was to return an error then I think that dpkg should consider it
to be the same as if the postinst had returned an error and leave the package
unconfigured.