Re: package date in .deb

On 20-Dec-01, 10:10 (CST), Uwe Hermann <uh1763@hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 01:32:30PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Even more useful is would be access to the changelog w/o downloading the
> > whole .deb (There used to be a "view changlog" link on the package web
> > pages, but it never[1] worked and has disappeared.)
>
> You might find apt-listchanges useful...

Read again the part where I said "without downloading the whole .deb".

Not to degenerate apt-listchanges -- it *is* useful. But being able to
read the changelog from the website would be nice. Right now I keep the
last month or so of debian-devel-changes around, which is good before
upgrading packages I have installed, but less useful for evaluating
packages I might want to install.

Steve